New Tourist Tax in Quintana Roo, Mexico
The state of Quintana Roo in southeastern Mexico is made up of several municipalities including Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, and Isla Mujeres. The region is a popular vacation destination due to its tropical climate, crystal-clear ocean, mangrove jungle, cenotes, and Mayan archeological sites.
Here is some important information for you to consider when planning your next trip to Quintana Roo. As of April 1, 2021, tourists visiting the region who are 15 years of age and older are required to pay a new mandatory visitor tax. The aim of this new tax is to generate revenue to create jobs and fund development within the tourism industry.
The new tax of $224 Mexican pesos, approximately $10 – $11 USD per person, will be collected at the airport before visitors leave Mexico and can be paid either at the kiosks installed in the airport or through the official Visitax website. The online payment form is available in both English and Spanish; you can select your language in the top right corner.
How to Make your Payment Online
- Visit the website https://www.visitax.gob.mx/sitio/
- Click on the ¨Make Your Payment¨ button
- Select your departure date and number of passengers traveling with you, and then click next
- Fill out the form with details of each passenger in your party, including names and passport numbers
- Confirm the information you entered is correct
- Enter your payment details using the secure form and click on the button which shows the amount due
- You will receive a QR code that must be shown at the airport as proof of payment prior to your departure from Mexico.
Garza Blanca Cancun is dedicated to making sure that your vacation is as seamless as possible by keeping you informed about the latest travel information that you should consider when making your travel arrangements.
Do you love traveling?
Subscribe to receive e-mails about special offers and exclusive Resort news.